Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Think Before You Speak

A person in class said, "Stupid people just shouldn't talk."
My response was, "Well then why are you talking."

I dislike when people contradict themselves within a short amont of time. I dislike when people contradict themselve in general, but it is worse when it is within a short amount of time. If it takes a while for them to become contradicting there is always the possibility that their views had changed in that length of time; however, if they contradict themselves in the same sentence they make themselves look like fools.

I also did not agree with the person's statement because what they deem as stupid may be interesting and refreshing to another person. While this person is typically the "social butterfly" type of person, their attitude really does not gain them people who trust or want to be around them for long periods of time. I tolerate being around this person because I have a class with them, but I never make an effort to connect with them outside of the class. This person does talk to many people, but the other people are often not with this person for long times during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment